Guides, also known as guidelines, are design aids that allow you to snap or align objects and anchor points to a horizontal or vertical line manually placed on the canvas.
To place a guideline on canvas:
- Ensure the rulers are visible: click or press + +R to toggle ruler visibility
- Then, toggle the guides visibility: click or press + .
- Drag from the ruler onto the canvas, and release your mouse button to place the guide.
The guide coordinates are shown while dragging to allow for precise placement.
To move the guides:
- Hover over the guideline in the viewport.
- When the cursor changes to a two-headed arrow, click and drag to a new location.
To remove a guideline:
- Click and drag the guideline to the ruler.
- Release your mouse button.
You can double-click a ruler to add a guideline at the 0 coordinate.